Our Values & Ethos
Aiming to realise a child's true potential within a Christian Ethos.
- To ensure that every child feels valued and knows what it is to be part of a safe, nurturing Christian family, whilst also respecting their individual beliefs.
- To inspire a love of learning through a broad and balanced curriculum, encouraging every child to use their God given talents.
- To work in partnership with home, the church and the wider community, to increase the children’s knowledge and understanding of the world and the part they play in God’s big family.
Loving learning, learning to love… A small school, part of God’s big family.
Our Six Key Values
Faith, Hope, Love, Kindness, Acceptance, Forgiveness
Message from Rev'd Peter Organ
And now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; and the greatest of these is love.
1 Corinthians 13.13
It’s been my privilege to have been involved in the life of St Michael’s School on and off since 2001, as school chaplain, and more recently as Vicar of the parish.
The school manifests our diocesan bishop’s call to mission:
- In faith- Staff and pupils are confidant in speaking about their Christian faith, and the school day is built around times for prayer and worship, whilst at the same time, members of other faiths are respected and welcomed too.
- In hope- No matter what their backgrounds or personal circumstances, the school encourages the best in pupils.
- In love- striving to provide a supportive learning community, and encouraging the children to focus on growing together in love for one another.
The school is an integral and much loved part of the parish which I serve, and its staff and pupils are in my prayers daily.
Rev’d Peter Organ,
Vicar, St Michael East Wickham.