WE ARE GOLD!!
St. Michael's holds a GOLD accreditation from Transport for London's STARS scheme, for promoting and facilitating active, healthy, safe and sustainable travel to and from school.
Instead of using a private car, the school encourages pupils and their parents to walk, cycle, scoot or take public transport to school. Here are the highlights of our work this year....
Here are some of the activities that have recently taken place:
- Class R have taken part in the Walk About Talk About scheme, introducing road safety and riding their scooter safely.
- Class 3 have taken part in pedestrian training.
- Pupils have used public transport on school trips, especially excursions into London.
- We took part in the BIG PEDAL and held a bikers' breakfast.
- Pupils have conducted research into air quality and the effect on our local environment.
- Check this web page regularly for future updates!!